At Beaufront First School we pride ourselves on being a friendly, open school that offers a high-quality education for all our children. The focus of our pupil premium strategy is to support disadvantaged pupils to achieve our goals, including progress for those who are already high attaining.
We constantly strive to:
- provide a happy, safe and secure environment for every pupil
- give each pupil the confidence and skills to achieve their very best
- have high expectations of each child
- lead children to understand right from wrong
- encourage children to respect themselves and others
- encourage children to show tolerance to those with different beliefs
- encourage children to show responsibility for their own behaviour and learning
- encourage children to persevere in every activity and to be resilient when facing difficulties and when being challenged
- encourage and value the support given by family members to their own children and the wider school community
- design a broad and balanced curriculum suited to Beaufront pupils, using the outdoors, practical experience and modern technology to make learning fun
- ensure that the broad and balanced curriculum encourages an appreciation of the cultural diversity within Britain
- promote healthy lifestyle choices
We will consider the challenges faced by vulnerable pupils, such as those who have a social worker and young carers. The activity we have outlined in this statement is also intended to support their needs, regardless of whether they are disadvantaged or not.
High-quality teaching is at the heart of our approach, with a focus on areas in which disadvantaged pupils require the most support. This is proven to have the greatest impact on closing the disadvantage attainment gap and at the same time will benefit the non-disadvantaged pupils in our school. Implicit in the intended outcomes detailed below, is the intention that non-disadvantaged pupils’ attainment will be sustained and improved alongside progress for their disadvantaged peers.
Our strategy is also integral to wider school plans for education recovery. Our approach will be responsive to common challenges and individual needs, rooted in robust diagnostic assessment, not assumptions about the impact of disadvantage. The approaches we have adopted complement each other to help pupils excel.
To ensure they are effective we will:
- ensure disadvantaged pupils are challenged in the work that they are set
- act early to intervene at the point need is identified