The Staff and Governors at Beaufront First School are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care. We expect all visitors and volunteers to share this commitment.
Beaufront First School Safeguarding Statement
1. We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all pupils. We endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We are alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support and protection.
2. The procedures contained in our child protection policy apply to all staff, volunteers, visitors and governors and are consistent with those of the local safeguarding children board (NSCB).
3. Any candidate applying for a post at Beaufront First School will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
4. We warmly welcome parent (and other) volunteers into our school. Before commencing any type of activity within our school, volunteers will be interviewed by the head teacher to assess the type of contact they will be having with our children.
5. Volunteers will then be asked to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure where necessary.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) at Beaufront First School is: Mrs. Eileen Daniel, Headteacher